Here at Hotel Elefant, well-behaved dogs are welcome guests.
Dogs are welcome at a price of € 30,00 / night.
We want you and your loved ones to have a pleasant stay in Salzburg.
Here you will find some useful tips and information to facilitate the coexistence of man and animal.
- The city of Salzburg offers many pet-friendly attractions, parks, dog zones and the opportunity to explore the adjacent city mountains.
- Salzburg city has certain obligations for dog owners, such as the leash or muzzle requirement in the city. Visits to playgrounds are not allowed and there is an obligation to dispose of dog feces. Dogs must be muzzled on public transport (the trolleybus).
- However, there are also a number of dog-friendly attractions in Salzburg, such as the grounds of the Hohen Salzburg Fortress (except during a guided tour), the World of Puppets Museum in the Hohen Salzburg Fortress, the Mönchsberg Elevator and the Fortress Railway, the Georg Trakl House, the Michael Hadyn Museum, the Stiegl Brauwelt, the Salzburg Christmas Market at the Cathedral and Residenzplatz.
- If you want to hike, there are many options in the city area, but leashes or muzzles are required, especially on the Kapuzinerberg, where there are chamois. Please be especially careful when encountering cows and keep your dog away from dams as they can quickly become aggressive.
- Salzburg also offers a variety of services for dog owners, such as dog sitting and dog walking services during concerts and theater performances. There are also numerous pet supply stores and every large supermarket also has a corner with products for dogs and cats. If you need a veterinarian or other services, they are also available.
We wish you and your dog a wonderful stay at Hotel Elefant!
Leaflet for dog owners with recommendations for your stay
Dear dog owners,
in order to make your stay and ours as pleasant as possible, we have put together some recommendations for you here.
- We look forward to welcoming well-behaved dogs on a leash in our restaurant (except during the breakfast buffet). However, please do not allow your dog on the seating areas and please note that dogs that bark at other dogs or people are unfortunately not allowed in the restaurant.
- For walks we recommend the nearby promenade along the Salzach River or the green city mountains.
- Please do not let your dog sleep in the bed, as dog hair is very difficult to remove from bedding and possible extra cleaning charges may apply.
- Out of consideration for following guests, we also ask that you do not allow your dog on the upholstered furniture and please note that the wool blankets and towels in your room are not intended for use by dogs. These can also lead to additional cleaning costs.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.